Monday 27 October 2014

POEM: CREATURE IN THE SKIES

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork. Psalm 19:1




Hello BGBians,


How was your weekend? Just thought I share this poem with you. It's my one of the very first few I have attempted to pen. I wrote this one of those days i was stuck in Lagos traffic. So I just sat there stuck in the front seat (thankfully) of a bus on the Third Mainland Bridge, stared out the window and saw this beautiful crescent staring at me, so i pick my phone and wrote:


CREATURE IN THE SKIES- Bunmi Yomi


I look at you and you seem complete
But I know you are not
A little bit more to make you complete
Few more days and there you are!

Like a sickly plantain stick you start
White? Cream? Can't tell
But beautiful you still are
Tiny creatures in you

Spherical you are to me
But I know like the world, Round
Filled with a million and one creatures
My mind would create at your sight

Hidden behind the dark curtains
In the sky
The waters reflects your beauty
This beauty reflects creativity

I'm captured!
Tell me what you feel!


With Love!
Bummiegherit!


The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork. Psalm 19:1



Photo Credit: http://wallpho.com/118446-winter-crescent-moon-id-63886.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment